What is personal data?
Personal information is information or an opinion (regardless of its accuracy or form) about an individual, or from which the identity of a person is reasonably identifiable. It includes your name, age, gender, salary and contact details.
What kind of personal data do we collect and hold?
We only collect personal data about you that is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities. The type of personal data which we collect and hold, if you have provided it, may include your: contact details such as your name, phone number, email address.
Additionally information we may collect anonymously about your usage is your:
- IP address;
- Operating system;
- Hardware / device settings;
- Software settings;
- Referring website;
- Products and services you view on our site; and
- Any information you provide to us via email communications
How do we collect your personal data?
We only collect personal data about you in the manner permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act. We may collect your personal data from you in a number of ways including through our website or by email (such as signing up to our online newsletter). We may also collect your personal data from related bodies corporate, from third parties and from organisations engaged by us to carry out functions on our behalf.
How do we hold your personal data?
When holding your personal data, we are required by the Personal Data Protection Act to take reasonable steps:
- to ensure that your personal data that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- to protect your personal data from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data if we no longer require that information for any purpose that is permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act.
For what purposes do we collect, hold and use your personal data?
We collect, hold and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide the services which we offer (whether directly or through a related body corporate);
- to perform the functions and activities related to our business; and
- to manage our relationship with you including by contacting you about our services, the services of related organisations, and any news or events that we think may be of interest to you.
- Our range of services, as well as our functions and activities, and those of our related bodies corporate and service providers may change from time to time.
Who do we disclose your personal data to?
In order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes, we may disclose your personal data to persons, related bodies corporate or other organisations such as our professional advisers and regulatory bodies. We may also disclose your personal data to the organisations from which we collect your information. We may use your personal data to contact you (including by phone, text message or email) about products or services which we think may be of interest to you. This may include our own, our related body corporate’s or a third party’s products or services. In particular, we may contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you after you cease to do business with us. For example, we might contact you about new products or services you may be interested in.
How can I opt-out of receiving marketing material?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from us and our related bodies corporate at any time by sending an email to comparecreditcards.sg (at) gmail.com
Please allow five working days for your request to be actioned by us.
What if I don’t want to give you my personal data?
You’re not required to give us your personal data. However, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you request of us.
How can you access and seek correction of personal data held by us?
You can access or seek correction of your personal data by:
- submitting a request to email comparecreditcards.sg (at) gmail.com;
We will give you access to your personal data if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal data about you that is inaccurate or out of date. We may refuse you access to, or we may refuse to correct, your personal data in certain circumstances permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act. In such a case, we will provide you with written notice of the reasons for our decision. We do not charge a fee to give you access to your personal data. However, we reserve the right to do so depending on the nature and extent of your request.
How can you complain about a breach of the Personal Data Protection Act and how will we deal with your complaint?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about how we collect or manage your personal data, then you may raise that matter with our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
- submitting a request via email at comparecreditcards.sg (at) gmail.com
We will endeavour to promptly respond to your questions, concerns or complaints. We will also endeavour to resolve any concerns or complaints that you may have to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you can complain to the Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore (www.pdpc.gov.sg), here who may investigate the complaint further.
Are we likely to disclose your personal data to overseas recipients?
No. At this stage our services should not result in your personal data being shared with overseas recipients. If we transfer your personal data outside Singapore, we will comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act that relate to trans-border data flows.
What if I have further questions?